When minutes matter, the Emergency Department at Proctor Hospital provides a full spectrum of care for critically ill and injured patients in a safe, clean, comfortable, and convenient environment including state-of-the-art technology within a state-of-the-art facility.
The Department includes an expanded Chest Pain Center, patient observation rooms, rooms especially designed for pediatric patients, trauma room and biohazard/decontamination room. Easy access is provided from two of Peoria's main thoroughfares, North Knoxville Ave. and North Sheridan Rd. Accessing the campus and our Emergency Department is convenient however, in an emergency always remember to dial 911.
The emergency physicians of EPSS and the Board of Trustees, The Executive Team, physicians and staff of Proctor Hospital all share the same mission and vision. It is a shared commitment to our patients who depend on our confidence to care for them; a trust in each other that we are like family; and that as caregivers we consistently demonstrate a caring compassion. There is a difference in emergency service at Proctor.
The emergency physician requires a breadth of knowledge and advanced procedural skills- the skills of many specialists. While every medical specialty is unique, the emergency department may present one of the most unpredictable environments in medicine. EPSS physicians are American Board of Emergency Medicine certified, or Board-eligible, and trained in emergency medicine.
Our outstanding physicians and staff treat acutely ill and injured patients and loved ones in an environment that is safe, respectful, and conductive to their health and well-being.
- Dedicated Chest Pain Center - Cardiac emergency
- 24/7 coverage by the specialties of surgical, orthopedics, plastics, neurosurgery, neurology, ENT, urology and critical care
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, trauma and emergency pediatric nursing
- Excellent patient satisfaction ratings
- All digital X-Ray, MRI, Ultrasound, Mammography, CT, Nuclear Medicine and Angiography
- Two MRI Scanners
- GE VCT 64 slice CT Scanner - capable of scanning the entire body in 10 seconds and the heart in 5 seconds
Cardiac Cath Lab
- State of the art imaging equipment
- Cutting edge technology for the treatment of peripheral vascular and cardiovascular disease
- Large private rooms to accommodate families
- All staff are certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Emergency Chest Pain Center
Also on the front line of cardiac care is the Emergency Chest Pain Center. This dedicated area in our Emergency Department is designed to treat patients experiencing the early warning signs of a heart attack. Here patients receive prompt diagnosis and treatment to prevent long-term heart damage.
Heart attack warning signs
If you experience these heart attack warning signs, quickly get to the nearest hospital specializing in emergency cardiac care.
- Chest, neck, shoulder and/or arm pain
- Shortness of breath
Why choose cardiovascular services at Proctor?
- Full range of diagnostic and treatment services
- Open heart surgery
- Emergency Chest Pain Center
- Haag Heart Care Center
- Private rooms
- Easy access
- Convenient location
- Free parking