Orthopedic and Total Joint Replacement
Why wait? Get back to enjoying life.
There are not many procedures that can improve quality of life the way orthopedic surgery can.
At Proctor Hospital, we offer the most advanced care in our Orthopedic Department. That is why patients and skilled orthopedic surgeons chose Proctor for orthopedic services. All in-patient private rooms.
Orthopedic and Total Joint Replacement Services:
We offer shoulder, hand, foot and ankle repair, podiatric services, as well as non-surgical options. We specialize in total joint replacement.
- Arthroscopic Repair
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Cubital Tunnel Release
- Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Knee Replacement
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Replacement
- Tendon & Ligament Repair
- and more
Total Joint Replacement Program includes:
- Pre-operative education class.
- This class helps patient and family know what to expect before, during and after surgery.
- Patient guide book
- Pre-admission testing
- In-Patient Private room
- Family Care Program (for patients and immediate family)
- Eligibility - 45-mile/1hour drive from Proctor Hospital
- Overnight motel accommodation
- Meal passes to Proctor’s cafeteria
- Physical and Occupational Therapy; individual sessions
- Staff trained and dedicated to the special care of patients with total joint replacements
- Daily information about expectations and activities
- Home Preparations after surgery
Knee and hip joint replacement can be caused by:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Previous injury or trauma may lead to degenerative changes
- Excess body weight causing stress on joint
- Lack of regular exercise
- Conservative treatments no longer effective
Is it time to talk to doctor about joint surgery? To search for an orthopedic surgeon with privileges at Proctor, please click here.
For additional help selecting a physician who is right for you, call Proctor Physician Referral at 309-691-1050.