Center for Senior Behavioral Health
Choose Proctor for Senior Behavioral Health Services
Many older adults suffer from changes in mood and behavior. These changes can be related to adjustment to lifestyle, isolation, loss of independence and then complicated by medical conditions. The Center for Senior Behavioral Health at Proctor Hospital is dedicated to meeting the physical and emotional needs of adults age 65 and older.
The Center for Senior Behavioral Health at Proctor Hospital offers comprehensive mental health treatment that understands the uniqueness of aging. We provide inpatient mental health treatment which includes individual, group and family therapy by social workers, activity therapists, physical therapists and independent psychiatrists.
Take the first step and call us. We can help improve the quality of your life or the life of a loved one.What We Offer:
What We Treat:
- 18 bed specialty unit
- Comprehensive treatment for a wide variety of psychiatric issues for adults age 65 and older
- Individual, group and family therapy according to the needs of the individual
- Family education for better communication and support for their loved one
- Assistance in finding nursing home placement if needed or assist current facility in relocating residents to a more appropriate placement
The Center for Senior Behavioral Health at Proctor Hospital, is committed to offering solutions that address the physical and emotional needs of the older population.
We Can Help!
- Depression (changes in sleep, appetite, tearfulness)
- Anxiety (increased worrying, nervousness and pacing)
- Behavioral concerns (assaultiveness, cursing, yelling)
- Paranoia (irrational beliefs that others are plotting to harm)
- Delusions (fixed false beliefs regarding self, others, environment)
- Auditory or visual hallucinations
- Dementia (progressive memory loss or confusion)
- Other emotional / behavioral issues
For a consult or referral call (309) 683-6200 or (855) 472-7788.
Please provide us with:
- Patient Identifying Information
- List of Medications
- Medical Treatments
- Psychiatric History
- Additional Presenting Problems